Friday, January 18, 2013

A Ghost Town

May 19, 2012
Calico Ghost Town
Mojave Desert, California
Gallery







Street names like Water, Springs, Lakeview, Oasis.. Sporadic palm trees, probably $1,000 a piece to get them out here. Daniel says that he'd "want 'em," if he had to live out here with the sage brush and Joshua trees and windmills (bright white and futuristic) blowing in the hot, sandy wind. 
I watch telephone wires glide up and down past my window. 

-Sugarglider



Thanks for the suggestion, Dad. The Calico Ghost Town was an 'oasis' of fun in a literal desert. A night stay in scenic Barstow and Melody and I were once more on the road en route to somewhat of a climate change, the granite peaks and sky-grazing trees of Sequoia National Park. So long, glorious desert. You are a fair companion in moderate seasons, but I am about to be reminded that it is the alpine life for me.

-Grasshopper

No comments:

Post a Comment